Saturday, January 31, 2009

25 Things You May Not Know About Me...

1. I worry about things way too much. This manifests itself as being over keen, or overworking, or stressing about little things and being organised.


2. I don't like the sound that owls make, as it makes me feel cold and shiver, as if I was in the forest wood, and I could hear owls, and it was dark and I was all alone.


3. I usually correctly diagnose myself medically :) I have lots of medical signs (but so do most people), including, an abnormal thyroid, enopthalmos, some kind of Raynaud's and epicanthal folds.


4. I adore gossip.


5. Sometimes, I get very random urges to clean up. It makes me happy and it is therapeutic. I am also good at it.


6. I have such a bad memory for faces. If I think of a person, I can think about what they're like, and conversations we've had, or memories involving them, but I find it difficult to conjure up their face in my mind. Consequently, in dreams I somehow know who people are without seeing their face. And I get worried if I do see someone (the whole of them) in a dream: it makes me check up on them. But I am quite good at remembering names.


7. I love going into shops and just trying their dresses on, and then saying to the lady who looks after the changing rooms that they don't fit, and just leaving.


8. My moods change depending on the weather. I cried last week because it was raining and I was outside and my jeans were getting really wet, and I didn't want to be outside.


9. It's very difficult to find clothes that fit me properly. I have an odd body shape, and an odd perception of my body.


10. I dislike obese people very much. Not the people. Just the fact that they are obese.


11. I do a funny impression of daschunds and hedgehogs. And giraffes.


12. I can pick up any mobile phone and use it without difficulty.


13. I am very superstitious yet do not believe in religion, but do not push my athetist views onto other people. I do believe that relgiion causes many many problems though.


14. I do not get Asian flush and generally have a very very good alcohol tolerance, as long as I have eaten something beforehand.


15. I love dressing up and putting make up on for no reason.


16. The first thing I will do when I get my first wage payment is buy a Chanel handbag.


17. I reallllly want to dye my hair red. But I am worried it will turn out awful. I also really want to get my hair done in a salon.


18. I have a stain on the thumbnail on my left thumb: it's as if it is under the nail, and it has always been there, and I am not sure what it is.


19. I like using my ear cleaning stick thing, but no one knows what they are.


20. I dislike it when people push their supermarket baskets on the floor. It is very rude. And I always say something.


21. Cake ALWAYS cheers me up.


22. I still have stuffed toys on my bed. Here and back at home.


23. Even though ethically Starbucks is wrong, I adore their coffee, and it is the only coffee I like. And I always look wistfully at their cakes when I am in Sainsbury's (there's a Starbucks inside it).


24. There is a character in a book based on me. My old English teacher wrote it.


25. I am still scared of the dark.


**


This week has been the craziest in SUCH a LONG TIME. I am on anaesthesia these two weeks, which means we MUST be in for 8.30am every day, and we have to sign a register to show we have been in. It's been cool actually. I love it. On Wednesday, there was a final year student on ENT (I was on ENT surgery) and wanted to cannulate and intubate etc etc, but I was already holding the oxygen mask over the patient. Anyway. He made a fuss about his being a final year and my being a third year and how he was going to be a house officer next year and needed practice whereas I'd hve lots of chance to practice. Anyway. The long and short of it is that he got reported.


Also did my night on call on Thursday. So this was what it was like.
Thursday - 6am - wake up and lie in bed for an hour
7.30am leave house
8.30am anaesthesia rotation
10am read up on thyroid examination
10.30am teaching fellow session
1pm GP session
4pm home
6pm set off to hospital
8am start on call
Friday 4.30am sleep
7.30am wake up again
8.30am anaesthesia rotation


It was an experience. Met up with A and R yesterday evening, we went to Byron, and back to R's to play Call of Duty 4. Today I have lazed about as I am SOOO tired but don't want to sleep, so am doing light work.


In other news, not much else has been happening. May be going to G over the firm break. Valentine's and RAG feels so far away as well.


Not really sure what I have been up to this week. I don't remember.


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment