Sunday, January 25, 2009

we can do anything, we can be anything

Heyyy, sorry it's been quite a while. I have been uber busy and my timetable has been sooo hectic. My New Year was good; I was a bit ill over the holiday period, so stayed in. I was only at home for such a short time, it went by so quickly, and now I face, like, 6 months of no-going- home-ness. I hope you guys had a great New Year... though it's a bit silly for people to wish each other happy new year a week after the event... yknow... get over it. So I dragged lots of things from home to my London home, tidied, watched LOTS of films... I watched Pride and prejudice (it's awesome, and so like the book), EDTv (rubbish), Ella Enchanted (cute), Tropic Thunder (funny) and Stardust (still love it). Oh, and High School Musical 3. it was rubbish, as expected.

Had some lectures at uni on ENT and Opthalmology and the Acute Abdomen.. started at N P two and a half weeks ago
(has it only been that short??? It feels like it has been SOOOO long!) It takes me about 50mins to get there, via Overground and tube and walking :( My firm are most lovely, but we are split up and put on different rotations :( I am currently on GI/MaxFax. I quite love it, and the firm I am with are really good. Teaching has thusfar been stellar, a far cry from C M. I think it is largely due to the scheduled teaching which happens around 10 times a week, which is very very useful.

I've been uber keen; I did an on call (day) and clerked patients (lots of them) and been in very early on many days. Ward rounds start at 8, and they know if you're late :( But it's lovely that no part of the hospital is closed off to students and they're SO willing to teach and help.

The hos
pital itself is better than it looks from the outside; it's two hospitals joined together, and it seems like kind of a maze. Everyone is bemused by the crazy lifts, where you just step in and get off at the floor you want :D

It's been quite a gruelling timetable, so that is why I have neglected my social life, my blog, my facebook, listening to music and reading books. Seriously. I have like, 5 or 6 books on the go, which I have started, but never find any time to read them. They are all very good though. Everything has been neglected :(

And so.. I have only seen my friends twice, and that was only a few of them, the day after we started clinicals. Went to see Valkyrie (wiki it); I didn't know that it was based on a real assassination attempt: it was really good I thought. Tom Cruise was quite good, but there was a big lack of authenticity (is that the word?) as there were very few German words, and indeed accents. This must be for the great uneducated American population. I always thought there must have been some kind of attempt on Hitler's life, as he was a lunatic.

Well.. not only twice. I see R a bit, as he goes to the Podmedics thing.

I went to see the Cirque de Soleil at the Royal Albert Hall.. it was most amazing. The acrobatics are wonderful. It's supposed to tell this mystical story. Well... it DID tell a story, but clearly I and the Cirque de Soleil people have different interpretations of it.

There was a schizophrenic on the bus the other week: we were going to the GP, and L and I were talking about the Cirque de Soleil and how much tickets were; H and D were reading and R was.. reading the paper? And this guy started shouting at us :S And we got off the bus and he continued. We must have angered him in some way, or maybe he was a bit :S

So I am getting used to my timetable, and slowly introducing social things. Went to Westfield last week and yesterday, in search of various things. P got a Sony Cybershot T77 :D Natalie is having a fancy dress birthday party and my costume is on the way XD

I also need more clothes.

I went to the library this morning, and on the way home, got absolutely drenched by the rain and by cars splashing me :(

On a lighter note, it is Chinese New Year tomorrow :D So Happy Chinese New Year to all, sorry my blog posts have been thin on the ground of very very recent. I will try to write more often. The thing is when I do a long one, after a gap of 3 weeks, I miss lots of things out.

新年快樂

No comments:

Post a Comment