Friday, May 22, 2009

you told me that you just, just can't...

I got signed off today, finally, like, way later than the other firms. I had a huge rant about attendance and the 4 week attachment in second year... so Prof M was actually agreeing with what I was saying, and then asked me to write him an email so he had written evidence of what a student thought about that attachment, so he could use it against the UMO. So I got home and wrote, like, a 8 paragraph argument about second year firms and attendance.


Went to Starbucks again with R practising histories and medical stuff: I adore the place... it's just so... wholesomely American, and one of the American exports I agree with. I don't drink Starbucks coffee (or any coffee in fact), but I do eat their cakes and drink their hot chocolate. I once went on a date with a friend (if that makes sense.. basically, I think he was more into it than I was) and it was pouring down with rain, and so we ducked into a big Starbucks and just sat downstairs for like, 2 hours, without having bought anything, just chatting.


And so now that's what sitting downstairs in a Starbucks means to me... sitting and chatting with good friends. On the sofas.. that's got to be done. It's funny how I remember memories. I have a good memory for events and things that people have said, or done, and I connect songs with things they remind me of, or a particular time I remember when I was listening to it... or say, a friend reminds me of a certain thing, and so on.


I was talking with a friend about why I write here, and I pretty much concluded that whilst it's not very interesting, it provides insight.. there are always aspects of people you never see clearly, or that you don't know, and mostly, I'm not afraid to share things. It's my non-emotional-trauma diary.. I have a diary, a little book from Muji, which I used for a whole summer to help me work through my feelings (I sound so pathetic). I used to reread my old diaries, just skimming them, but I never read the Muji one: it brings back memories that I don't want, and it's kinda embarrassing too. And it was using that that made me realise that I write in a book my feelings when I'm very confused and mixed up.


Do you think it's a bad thing? That I talk about my life too much and in too much detail?


What else is new... I forgot to get suture thread from R. So R, if you are reading this, please bring them on Sunday? && good luck to people who have exams. I had a friend who got majorly distracted during exam time, and would talk to ANYONE who signed onto his MSN.


There was a college wide email today about swine flu... Basically, it was "wash your hands". Yes, I DO think it will recur in the autumn/winter, and if you're going to get it, the best time is to get it now. But what people fail to realise is that the normal influenza kills many people every year, and that doesn't get much press.


According to the political compass test thing, I have the same political views as Nelson Mandela... interesting. Especially, as I haven't any real political views.


Anyway... another rubbish entry. Sorry :(


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment