Monday, September 28, 2009

the marriage state

From waking up, I forget my dreams rapidly, unless I try and hold onto their memory.  All I can remember from this dream is that I was trying to contact a friend (X) on their phone, because I had recently heard that he wanted to get married, and I was trying to ring him on his actual wedding day.  So the first time I called, he answered and said something like "where are the caterers?" and then I was like, "hello?" and he replied that he would call me back.  And I was wandering around through this house, which had a lot of white furniture, like a house I once saw in another dream, it had white bannisters, and lots of white chests of drawers... there was a roof window thingy and it was sunny and it was very pretty.  Anyway, then I became involved in some argument involving a younger kid overstepping their boundaries, quite what it was I do not remember.


And then I thought, fine, it's been a few hours, maybe X has gotten married now, so I rang back and instinctively knew who his new bride was, without any prior knowledge and without X's saying.  So I wanted to know what was the sudden haste to get married and why did he not tell me?  "Because I really love her" was his answer.  And then I said," well, I'll say something generic like "when you know, you know""... and apparently, X had known her for a long time  (in real life, they do know each other and I do not like the girl) and one day was making her dinner and suddenly "it clicked that [he] loved her".






- - -

So, what the moral of this dream is, I am very unsure.  But maybe it just means I want to know if anyone has any big news.. and not be left in the dark.  And that this person who got married in my dream is probably very unlikely to get married anytime soon, as he is a) a serial womaniser (or used to be), b) indecisive and c) fickle.  Maybe it just means that I miss talking to this person.












Image from google images

No comments:

Post a Comment