Saturday, May 28, 2011

bit of a pause

As has been a usual pattern for this blog for the past 6 or 7 months, or maybe more, I usually write a bunch of posts (usually on Friday nights) and then queue them up for the future.  I rely on this method to keep posts scheduled so there's something new to read / look at on this blog, and that is what I have done this past couple of nights.  I usually write a post about what I have actually done in my life when I feel like it, working around this prescheduled thing.  As always, if there's something important to write about, I will write it!

Study is taking more of a priority, so I just wanted to let you know that there will be an increased amount of random posts: pictures, videos, er, some random things here for you to look at, whether for fun or procrastination or somehow you ended up here through google or some other image sharing site.

In the meantime, I will be getting my revision stepping up on.  Other than critical care, which has dominated my life for the past 2 weeks - there is something about 8am ward rounds that last for up to 3 hours and other house officer jobs that tires me out at the end of the day - I've not been able to focus on study as much.  I have, however, read about Marie Antoinette and watched the last few episodes of Junior Doctors that I had to catch up on, done some online questions and eat a disproportionate amount of food.  It's the bank holiday weekend, so had this afternoon/evening off, to a) catch up on sleep and b) not get into a stress so early.

Went to dinner last night with two friends to Wagamama's; I always end up having interesting conversations with my dinner partner(s) there AND I always have vivid dreams the next time I sleep after eating there.  The same goes for another restaurant that I enjoy frequenting but have not done so of late due to logistical mismatching.  It's something in the food.  I've been to each place enough times to rule out most confounders. (I'm such a geek)

Almost come to the end of firms for this year - I've had one or two people who have been on most of the same firms as I have, due to alphabet; one I knew well before and spending a lot of time around them has allowed me to get to know them better in a hospital capacity (as opposed to socially) which has shown me good things and bad things about them and their interactions and personality etc, and the other I did not know at all before, and have enjoyed getting to know them over the process of the past year.

Anyway, I hope you are all well, and that your life is going better than mine is currently!!

Carol x x


from Vogue + google

No comments:

Post a Comment