Tuesday, June 14, 2011

an Alexei affair

This is definitely one of the more bizarre dreams of late.  I was in this sort of search party, looking for 'the lost house', and this old lady was showing us the way.  We were in this sort of.. town, on a side road, and we were in one house and we needed to go upstairs for some reason.  The person who mandated the search was a Lady-Gaga-alike with a huge brown fur coat on.


For some reason, this old lady decided we needed to go the long way around (which she did not make obvious to anyone else but me) because she needed to show me something.  Exactly what it was, I didn't work it out until near the end of my dream story.  So instead of just going up some stairs to go upstairs, we were going "down to go up", which involved going down this huge set of steps.  Through the windows on the way down, I could see into other people's houses, with candles burning in their windows.  After what seemed like such a long time, we finally made it to the bottom, but then the old lady told us to be prepared for what was outside.  She and I stepped out into this huge fountain, submersing ourselves but quickly getting out.  After walking and talking with her, I sort of had the feeling she needed me to do something for me, or to prevent the Lady Gaga-alike from reaching somewhere.  We were a little distance ahead, and I realised we were now in the backyard/garden of the house we had gone into at first.  We crossed the road, and then went towards a set of houses which were on the main road, across from the first house.  I then remarked, "don't you think she'll get mad once she realises that we could have just gone along the main road?"


The old lady then picked up speed, and told me to make towards the second house with blue leaves and pink flowers all over it.  (There was another one a couple of doors from the one we were heading towards).  The rest of the party were behind, having been drenched in their heavy clothing as they entered the fountain so I knew that we could make it to this house.  This house seemed to have some sort of importance, as well as being the old lady's home, and I sort of got that feeling as I stood behind her, and she tried to find the right key to fit the door.  Even though I knew the others were quite a way behind, I still had that sense of urgency, silently willing her to hurry up in case the others caught up with us suddenly.


We went in, and she locked the door with 3 different keys, and we reached a second door which was peach coloured, with another lock which she unlocked for me, then locked after herself as she closed the door.  I still didn't grasp the importance of what was going on, but as we made our way to the basement, she told me that the LG-alike wanted this house, and I needed to protect it from her: I had to stop her from taking it, and I was going to do it on my own.  I didn't quite believe what she was saying, almost wondering if she had some kind of delerium, then we reached the basement.  There was a really peaceful garden there (this house must have been huge if it took it so long to get to the basement), and the old lady - whose name I now realise (in real life) that I didn't get - went back upstairs to see to the group that had now caught up with us and were now banging on the door.


I went outside into the garden; it was cloudy outside and there was a little lawn with flowers around it.  This man then suddenly appeared, called Alexei (pron. Alexy), who was wearing a grey coloured suit and sunglasses.  He told me that the garden was beautiful, and I told him that the house was "under siege" and that I was the one meant to protect it but I didn't know how.  It now crossed my mind that it probably wasn't the best time to confide to a total stranger about my duties but I wasn't about to stop.  I then tugged his hand and got him to come inside and we made our way back up.  Some of the doors were unlocked, and I had a feeling that the old lady had been taken away.  This Alexei somehow got the angry people outside the house to go away, and told me not to leave the house until he came back.  I asked him how long that would be, and he said he didn't know, until it was "time".  I kissed him goodbye, and he left, as I was trying to wrench the front door shut.  These children were trying to stop me from doing so, and I was shouting for help to no avail.


Finally, I let them in but told them that this house was under siege, and if it was, they had to help me.  They agreed, but I wasn't sure if it was just in jest but I didn't have a choice.  After barricading the front door, I went to the bedroom, which had a huge window and a massive pink lamp.  The window had a curtain around it that wasn't shut, and it had a view of the house from the start of the dream, which I then gathered to be the Lady Gaga character's house.


Over the next few days, I stayed inside, marking the children's homework, sat in this room. I found out that LGalike was still after this house and could gain information somehow even though the house hadn't been infiltrated by anyone.  So one evening, I was sat in the room,and the pink lamp started to flicker as I was talking with some of the children - they were two brothers and one sister, and their mother was with them.  I don't know how she got in the house, but she was very friendly.  I was telling them about the mistakes they made in their homework, and how to correct them.  It crossed my mind that the lamp had flickered a few times the past few days I had been in here; it was dark outside and looking out of the window, I could see a matching pink lamp in a window across the road that also flickered.


(This dream is FULL of odd perceptions.)  Somehow, this lamp flickering and me seeing it, and seeing its twin lamp flickered meant that LGalike knew I knew how she was gaining information.  I yanked the curtain shut, and was worried about how I was meant to protect the house - I had no fighting skills, just a group of about 20 children of various ages in my house who spent their time talking, playing, sleeping and doing homework.


Alexei then came into the house, and told me "it's time", and that he was going to put a stop to this, and stop this house being wanted by a crazy lady.


-----


I searched google images for the house and the guy, but this was the closest I got:



yes yes, I know this is Jesse McCartney.  I couldn't find anyone
that matched what the guy in the dream looked like.  This is close.

No comments:

Post a Comment