Thursday, June 4, 2009

.. dolly :)

F, M and I were watching videos on youtube the other day, and F put some Korean music videos up... I know some, because my cousin loves them and occasionally I see that she's posted one on her facebook or her twitter, and a youtube channel that I have subscribed to uses some Korean music... Is this the new "in" thing now? To like music, of a foreign culture and possibly in a foreign language? I've noticed recently that a lot of people I know are into K-pop, J-pop, C-pop... random letter-pop. I'm not really complaining, merely... making an observation.


We also learnt how to do the "L, O, V, E, love" part of a song called Insomnia, which is a cover of a Craig David song. Oh, how I will miss F when she goes away :( She shepherds random SAF frequenters and brings them/mocks together.


So anyway, she put on this song, called Gee by SNSD... it's very addictive and the choreography is awesome: they're all such good dancers. So M downloaded it, and now I am the owner of an illegally downloaded song on the phone..


whose speakerphone I have broken *sobs* I can make calls and hear people when they call me, but I can't play music, my phone doesn't make any sound so it's pretty much on its silent setting, and I can't put people onto speakerphone when I am talking to them. I got kinda worried, and then texted my sister to tell her to let my parents know (as I am a coward and don't like being shouted at by my parents) that my phone wasn't making much/any sound, and I got a reply saying that they were OK with it, and that I can get a new phone for my birthday.


Which solves the problem of what I want from my parents for my birthday; they've been asking me for a few months now, and I haven't really known. I mean, I WANT a new phone, but it isn't something that is essential. And my laptop is fine now that I have gotten rid of Windows, to the more friendly interface of Linux Ubuntu (it's all pink and purple and girly... what more did you expect of me?)


P has also bought me several of the things on my Birthday Wishlist... (a few posts ago) He got me the vanilla spray from The Body Shop, and three dresses from Forever 21, which is an awesome store, when he went to Texas (they're all gorgeous). And I am fairly sure I will be receiving a new baby in the not too distant future - yes, I call my Sanrio brand plush toys my babies... as they're like little babies.. - and I am getting a phone from my parents. And Burberry Baby Touch (alco free) doesn't seem to be sold anywhere apart from possibly the Burberry store - I haven't checked yet actually - and Luton Aiport duty free (how I love duty free!) So it seems that I shall be getting that for myself when I go to M with P. (Except we might be flying from Gatwick... in which case, I will make a special trip to Knightsbridge, the place where foot traffic is worse than the road traffic in order to buy this perfume).


Organising stuff is such hassle nowadays, with people:
a) who say they're going to come to an event but then don't show.. at all
b) don't reply and then turn up, and are all like, "but you knew I was going to come!"
c) don't ever reply, even though you have given them lots of advance notice
d) who don't check their facebook/email around once a week... that's how stuff gets organised
e) bitch and whine and complain about how they didn't get invited...


But I did it.. with help from P, and so I have a very early birthday dinner planned before I go away to Milan. There is also a possible trip to Thorpe Park in the pipeline, and to be honest, I think it's a bit silly for people not to want to go because they "don't like rides".... it's for the spending time with friends just as much as the rides, and yes, you might not want to spend £20 just to hang out with your friends... but it'll be fun. I don't like rides either, but it's to feel the fear and do it anyway, except for scary rides.


AND a paintballing trip, and possibly ice skating. And some film seeing, and theatre watching.


And I desperately need to further update my wardrobe. I need some clothes and shoes and a bag... And some jeans. I've been putting off so much until after the exams, which have now finished :D ... cleaning my flat and P's.. sorting out stuff for my holiday, figuring out what there is to do in Milan, figuring out my elective timetables, looking for birthday presents, film watching, lots of food eating.... lots of reading and park frolicking...and shopping, visits to repay...


I'm going to see Britney on Saturdayyyyyy!!! Everyone's been saying how she'll be rubbish and she'll mime and it'll be crap. I don't care.. I'm the one who paid for it. No one forced me to go. I don't fucking whine about how some other artist someone is going to see will be crap do I??????


In other news, P has a book, with one of his abstracts in it, to add to his very long and shiny CV.. I find I am more tolerant of people if I don't think about how much they annoy me normally... I felt really guilty tonight for not doing any work, then I realised my exam was over. Watched the Borat film: it was funny, but flat in some places. Had two dinners, as we went to My Old Dutch but no one wanted a dessert so I felt greedy, and didn't have one like I wanted... so went home and had a second one. I'm going to be so fat :( So much for trying to lose weight :(






xo

No comments:

Post a Comment