Sunday, August 16, 2009

Gareth Jamieson

Currently, I'm reading a book called Holly's Inbox; I'm about two thirds through. So maybe this dream was inspired by it.


I was sat at my desk checking my email and this man, whom I suppose I must have known for the purposes of this dream, emailed me asking me out to dinner, called Gareth Jamieson (I don't know anyone of this name in real life). I think I was a business person in the dream. So I said yes, and we arranged to meet at Earls' Court tube station, but he said he was going to scope out Pizza Express in Swiss Cottage (if such a place does exist?) as a date location then take me there. So I go along in the evening to the station, and he's there, wearing a blue shirt and suit trousers, and I'm thinking, there's loads of places nearby where we can go and eat here, why are we going to Swiss Cottage?


He must have read my mind, or I must have said it out loud, although I don't recall doing so, because he then said that all the places I'd been to would have memories of my ex, and I didn't want that in a new relationship. So we got on the tube, and I thought to myself that maybe it was a bit too soon after coming out of a relationship to begin dating again, but I'd agreed to this date, I may as well try and enjoy it.


So we got there; it was a busy place and there was a table for four. So Gareth and I were sat down on one side of the table, and his two male friends were sat on the other side (some date!) And we were talking about mutual friends, and then someone mentioned Karen, and then what she was up to. So I asked, hey, doesn't she have this colour hair? whilst pointing at Gareth's hair, which was brown and blond. And the friend replied in the affirmative, and then I was like, that's my sister! She used to be a consultant, but now she's joined the police and she's nearly a police consultant. So they all started laughing and making jokes, about how she could identify the splenic artery and see if the carotid artery had ruptured, but they were saying it in a really mean hurtful way and it made me cry and I ran off to the bathroom.


After hanging around in the bathroom for a while, all teary, one of Gareth's friends, who was drunk, smashed in the door with some wood (??) and made me come out to talk to him and Gareth. Then I got into an argument with the friend, saying that I knew he thought I shouldn't be going out with his friend, but it wasn't his decision; that I wanted us to get along for the sake of his friend because otherwise it wouldn't work, and then he started shouting at me, and was about to hit me, which must have scared me into waking up!


How odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment