Sunday, November 8, 2009

"are you skiving assembly just to meet me?"

 Not had a crazy dream in awhile...

I was in this building, which had two revolving doors at its entrance, both requiring card swipe access before you could get in.  I had this huge bag of stuff in my hand as well as a handbag on my shoulder full of school work, and for some reason I was looking for my purse but I could not find it.  So then I jumped in the lift (literally.  It wa akin to those paternoster things, except you had to press a button to call it, and then jump into the little box thing, and it was super quick.) to the second floor, where the floor was cream coloured and marbled and I found my purse there on the floor nearby the doors.  Even though there were lots of people, no one though it odd that I looked out of place and was picking up my purse.






My keys were meant to be in there, and they were.  Except with no keys.  In real life, I have about 6 keyrings on my keys, each separating a different set of keys.  The keys were not there, and I was panicking about it, as they had 5 housekeys on, some "university key" which does not exist in real life, and my nectar card.  Dumb, I know.  Anyway.  I ran back downstairs, down the stairs which were sort of marbly granite, to the ground floor near the entrance.  I could see it was sunshining, and people were coming in and out.  So I inspected this keyring of keys, and for some reason I decided to run back upstairs, to the second floor.




my keys are of the same sentiment as these in real life, but weigh more


I wasn't sure what I was hoping to gain from this, but near the doors where I found my keyset, there were little pieces of plastic, which I felt would held and be a clue, so I took them, and then calmly walked down the stairs.


Have you ever been stressed about something?  And then you see your best friend or your significant other, and this stress just seems to dissipate and feel insignificant?  Well, that's what happened.  I must have been waiting for someone at the entrance, but I got a phone call from a person (I won't say who, as I know them in real life) and he asked me:
"Hey Carol, where are you?"
"at work. why where are you?"
"in the Wyman building.  do you want to come up?"
"are you skiving assembly just to meet me?" (with happy smile on face)
(I hadn't realised prior to this conversation that I was in the Wyman building)


So I went up quite a few floors, and we embraced and kissed, and chatted for ages, both obviously skiving assembly.. I told him about my loss of keys, and he made sure I retraced my steps, and then just said I could just get them copied, there are back up copies everywhere.


Then I spent all day with this person, clearly we both weren't going to lessons.  We spent the day walking around and talking and then suddenly he disappeared and said, don't worry you'll see me very soon.


Then very weirdly, I was having a dress fitting.  In a supermarket aisle.






The dress was beautiful, floor length with a very flowing skirt which was too long for me; it was hot dusky pink (I am going to have a hard time trying to find you guys a photo!).  The dressmaker put it on me, but it was too big and kept falling down.  It was meant to be one shouldered, and would cover the straples bra that I had on, but it kept slipping down so you could see the bra I was wearing.  Anyway.  I got frustrated, made the dressmaker leave, and fixed it with pins myself.  One of my girl friends was watching, giving advice about where to put the pins.







the dress was the style of the first, with the train of the second. i cannot find a color that fits what i want


Out of nowhere, I heard this music, and then knew I had to stop pinning my dress and walk down the aisle.  I threw on a black coat (one like one I own in real life; it's long and comes to my knees) as I felt it matched the dress and I was cold.  Then as ladies do, I picked up the sides of the very long skirt, and discovered I had black courts on, but with a pointy-ish toe and thought "yes, I put the right shoes on!"  So I asked my friend, am I holding too much up and she told me I had to let the left side go down a little.  I could see that then, equally on both sides, the skirt was still on the floor but realised this was the way it was meant to be.  You were not meant to see my shoes.


All the while, this music was playing and so I started to walk down the supermarket aisle gracefully one step at a time, holding my skirt up as before, yet feeling like there should be someone at my side.  The only hitch in the walk was that I had to sidestep around some discarded black shoes in my way.  I could see another of my girlfriends standing, waiting for me in the room that joined onto the supermarket aisle.


And in that room, I could see displays of flowers, people in suits, people turning to try and see me.... and it was only then that I realised (excitedly) what I was doing, what this dress was for, why the music and so on......  I was marrying this friend who had called me to say he was in the Wyman building!


Once in the room, I could see the guests all arranged as if they were in a lecture theatre: the guests were sitting down, and the row behind the first was slightly raised behind the first, and the second raised more, and so on.  Everyone was wearing white.


I turned to my right, and saw him, dressed very handsomely, and I could see an old man in white, both clearly awaiting me.  Unusually, both I and the husband-to-be were facing the guests.  Traditionally, the bride and groom have their backs to the guests, or at least, they are side on.


----


I thought I would write this dream, because never before have things happened in a dream, where dream me had no clue what was going on, and had to figure things out in the dream to work out what was happening.  I hope that I do not realise I am becoming married in such a manner.





I like this manner of finding pictures to describe things in my dream.  Thoughts?




xo






Images are all from google images

No comments:

Post a Comment