Friday, May 28, 2010

i found the letter you wrote me.. it still smells just like you

Finally finished Dan Brown's 'The Lost Symbol' after so long!  I bought this book in September, or October, but never had time to read it.  Because of the short timeline of all the books, I didn't want to read it over a long period of time.  The previous four books hold clues to what is in TLS, and it seems to be a culmination of the series.  I will be disappointed if Dan Brown releases another in this series.  Basically, the plot revolves around Masonic rituals, and the legends and myths that surround them, set in Washington.  It's lovely that little things in the previous four books point towards things in The Lost Symbol, like the decoding, the "sin cere", the scientific references....  It will be very interesting in film form, particularly because it doesn't involve Christian themes, like the other two did.  The style of writing was very different as well: it seems as if Dan Brown is loath to end every short chapter with an attempt at suspense.


It's so good to be home!  The time is going by quickly: I've been back a week already, almost.  I have read 3 books, found some TV series I want to watch, done some work.....  I think I want to start watching Lost again.  I kept up with 3 of the seasons, but stopped because I didn't have the time to watch it.  There were too many questions left unanswered, and I am one of those people who dislikes unanswered plotlines.  Now it's over and I know what happens in the finale, I can sort of work backwards and work out what's going on.  I get jumpy in dramas or action type things, as many people I know can attest.  But I've always been okay with Lost.  It's something to do with the many advert breaks.  The boxset is waayy expensive, and it's too big to get off iTunes or whatever. :(  Amazon has it for £134!  I'd never spend so much on DVDs!  I don't even think I've bought that many DVDs... I think I've only ever bought 2.  But ultimately, as you know with something that lasts that long, Lost's themes revolve around reflection of life and death, just drawn out over 6 seasons, with some weird twists.


The weather the first few days was lovely but now it's cold again.  Maybe I just feel the cold a lot.  Now it's rained and it's cold and I'm trying to manage wearing one layer of clothing as normal people do in summer :/  My sister's finished uni, and we went yesterday to tidy her room and move everything out - I have never seen so much stuff in one room!  I had a really strong urge to go clean up my place, except it would have involved hours of travel and the desire would have worn off by then.  I periodically go through my belongings and throw stuff out or give my clothes to charity and just make the place look better and get rid of things I don't need.





This video is quite poorly directed, but sounds summery... never really been one for convention, and I'm not ashamed that I love this song.  When I drive places on my own, I always have music playing and I like to sing along... hope people don't think I'm crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment