Tuesday, May 18, 2010

today is a winding road


4th year is over!!!  Can't believe I've made it 4 years through university!!!  My presentation was a bit :S but I am glad that it is over!  Currently trying to watch the latest Gossip Girl via the internet; it was the season finale yesterday.  Bought some books :) and some Muji candles so I can have some relaxing evenings in.. they'd be lovely for the summer.  I've been trying hard to find a lovely scented candle, so I thought I'd try some Muji ones.  I love Muji & their kooky Japanese sense of style.

Looking forward to the rest of this week... vague plans to see friends etc, nothing concrete.  Home on Saturday !

Gotten myself out of my sad rut, with the help of my friends.  Almost felt like crying when A asked me how I was getting on without P :'(  In truth, I've been finding it more difficult than I realised, and more than I like to let on.  I've been to Hyde Park, and walked quite long distances... for me.  I'm not a good person for walking.. If I walk too far I get really achey feet and a sore lower back and need to sit down.  I think I just can't stand up for long periods of time... I'm getting old....!! But it was lovely!  There was much good chat and much photo taking.  At the weekend, we went in search of some of the elephants on the parade (I'd read about it on TimeOut last week) around Hyde Park.  I'm not really one for visiting touristy areas, and a lot of them are in touristy places.... so I guess I'll just wait for the RCH exhibition :D

I've been a pretty rubbish friend these past few months.  I've not bought several people their birthday presents.  So I spent a couple of hours last night trying to decide what to get for one person, eventually changing my original gift idea, and now I think I have a good idea.  One person down... like 3 to go.  Speaking of birthdays, I'm excited for mine.  It's sort of bittersweet, as it's the first one I'll have spent without my family... but I'll have all my friends to celebrate with me :)  In lieu of a boyfriend present, I'll also do his job and buy myself lots of little gifts.  I felt kinda guilty last year because he got me lots, and I've not bought him a gift for ages :(  But he told me it was okay.. because he had and has everything he wanted, materially and emotionally.  I think his long term goal and desires involve getting as many experiences as he can, or 'collecting' them.... That's why he's off farming, skydiving, diving, paragliding, parachuting, jumping... whatever it is (?)  And he knows I'm still materialistic.

Anyway.  Several posts coming soon! Hope you're all well xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment