Friday, September 17, 2010

her favourite colour is the radio

When I hear the radio anywhere (seriously, anywhere), I get confused about where I am and think I am at home.  As in, home where my parents are.  It is very weird and everyone I have spoken to has thought the same thing (that it's/I'm weird).  I can be out shopping or at a friend's or wherever, and if I hear the radio, it instantly makes me a little confused about my orientation in place (time and person are fine!!) and I have to rethink for a few seconds about where I am.


The reason for this is still not so clear to me... I used to listen to the radio for at least a couple of hours every day for a few years during my senior school years (high school).  I listen to it in my car or sometimes during university when I want a variety of music going in the background.  Maybe it's because I subconsciously connect it with being at home?


It really is completely bizarre; I can be out somewhere and then hear the radio then suddenly feel very strongly as though I am at home and a lot of the time I have to remind myself I am actually in London.


Do you ever feel like that with anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment