Sunday, September 19, 2010

we are shaped and fashioned by what we love

It has been a fashion-ful time of late.




Normally I am not really one to get excited by fashion / designers' collections, preferring instead to ignore them and just do my own thing with my own style.




Last week, I went to the Vivienne Westwood shoe exhibition.  It was one of the high points of the day - prior to that, I had two hours worth of unsuccessful shopping attempts, which always makes me feel like I never want to go shopping.  Were it not for the fact I do actually need to buy specific items of clothing, I'd not go.  So I hopped on the bus and went to Oxford Street to check out this exhibition.  It's right behind the Christmas shop and the entrance is within (or just off? I forget now) the Christmas section, which is fitting.  Nothing like VW shoes to bring strangers together and make their hearts skip beats.  I wanted to see the timeline of her designing and also hoped it would make me get over my irrational want of a pair of her shoes.  I can't remember why I first started looking for Vivienne Westwood shoes as her clothes aren't normally anything I would have any desire to wear, but they're pretty.






sandals with Swarovski crystals on







Flame shoes



crazy ruffle shoe!!!!




There is also a Westfield sort of designer car boot type thing happening this week too... I shall try to make time to check it out, even if just to look.  I usually dislike venturing into Westfield.  Firstly I dislike shopping as a general past time because a lot of the time I can never find anything I like.  I even try not to internet shop unless I am looking for something specific.  I just find it hard to find things I like.  And there are too many shops.  There is such thing as too much choice!  It is a lovely building and very well designed and the like, and there IS a variety of shops... just too many clothes stores.




And lastly I am going to London Fashion Weekend at the end of the week.. I am a little bit excited because hopefully I'll find some things I like and/or can afford!













Also, it's graduation soon and I've not been able to work out what to wear by looking at the college's pictures.  Spent a little bit each evening for the past few days looking at suitable things to wear.  I know you can wear a suit but I'm not a suit wearing sort of person.  Finally narrowed it down to two outfits! :)

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment