Thursday, October 15, 2009

i've been a bit of a mystery...

Sorry I haven't updated in a while... I feel like I haven't written for ages.  Usually, I queue up posts, and publish them at a scheduled later date.  I mean, for more frequent updates, check my twitter or talk to me!!  I had my first Belly Dancing session today; it was free because it was to garner interest.  I went with Isma; I loved it!!!  It was really fun :D  I wouldn't say easy as the instructor would do one thing with her hips to one rhythm and do something else with her hands to another rhythm and that confused me a bit as it made me want to do it in synchrony.  I guess it comes down to practice.  So then after the session, I and I went to buy membership and a block of classes.  So I can get fit.. and learn... how to dance?  Except I'd never show anybody.


Been working away, lectures and essays and critical appraisals.  My course organiser gave us the bare minimum of guidance for the critical appraisal.. in that he told us what it was and what people do in them.  It was difficult.  Essay... er... yeah.  Work... going okay.


No crazy dreams that I remember.  Been feeling REALLY cold lately.  Had to sleep with both my duvets over me (I better add here that I have two duvets on my bed.  Well technically three.  There's one that goes on the mattress and under the fitted sheet, because it's better for my back and traps heat in it.  Then I have a single one for my own personal use because I (apparently) get territorial when I sleep.  And the third is the normal one that matches the pillowcases, it's a double) and a thick blanket.  And I got really grumpy last night when P tried to move as he let cold air in!  And the radiator was on full blast as well.


Despite not having finished a book I am reading at the moment: The Girl Next Door by Elizabeth Noble, I am looking for more books to read :)  Is Dan Brown's new one any good?  I guess I'll wikipedia it...


A, I and I had a really fun conversation today at lunch... we reminisced about firms and OSCE's and about O&G and sections and deliveries... and then I randomly came out with "when do you think is the best time to get married?"  Because in our intended career, it is difficult to take long lengths of time out for your own personal use... everything is career oriented.  You have a duty to your staff and to your patients.  For anyone, there is never a right time to get married... not an alarm that goes off that tells you when it's time to get married.  But for female doctors it is harder.  Because we have to balance a work and family lifestyle, involving children.


So we discussed when was the most suitable time to get married, and when to have children... and other career like things.  After all, these decisions will become pertinent to us in a few years.  Anju and I were quite good friends in first year and then we kind of drifted away a bit.  But because now we are both doing the same BSc, I feel like I have gotten to know her again :-D


Having never been to a wedding ever, I have taken it upon myself to ask many people I know to get married, in the hope that I get to go to their wedding.  And NO, it does not count if I go to my own wedding.  It's different.  I wouldn't get to check out everyone's outfits and gossip, because I'd be expected to smile and cry at the right times, and look radiant.  So if you know me and are reading this, please would you get married?  I'm not saying go out and marry the first person you see... just... get a girl/boyfriend, date for awhile and then marry.  P is of the age where many of his friends are getting married.  But I am not yet, but I want to go to weddings!  I want to be a bridesmaid or wear pretty dresses.


Gave the new BLG album a listen a couple of weekends ago.  I really love it.  My new favourite song is "Chemicals Collide" because it has a lovely meaning.


Er.... what else is there to say?  No real gossip of noteworthy news, meeting up with friends tomorrow, need a coat...


I made a Christmas wishlist a few days ago too!!!! It is not long or extensive, 75% of it being books (there are 4 things on it so far)....  I never know if it's okay to give Christmas presents to my friends... I suspect they'd never go for it, and I know it sounds selfish, but I don't want to be the only one to give presents and not to receive any... and then I'd look strange as all my friends would be like "why is she giving me a present?"










i've got a couple of addictions,
but i swear that i'm coming clean;
i've got a new way of thinking,
yeah you're bringing out the best in me

No comments:

Post a Comment