Sunday, October 4, 2009

there is a.....

hot library guy working at the Central Library; he has really pretty eyes.  Speaking of hot people, I forgot to mention how in Obs &Gynae there seem to be lots of hot doctors :D  When I was on my elective over the summer, there were three or four hot obs/gyn doctors.  And to complete the list of hotness, I think emo haircuts can look quite good too :) y'know, a la Rhys Ashworth from Hollyoaks or Martin from BLG.


 


I had a very odd dream where I was Kristen Stewart as Bella in Twilight (do not ask me how this even came about) and somehow we had all died (my family) and then Edward/Robert Pattinson needed to go and check something at this school.  After rifling through lots of papers, he suddenly found one which stated that he was paying his best friend's daughter's school fees, and signing the payslip, which somehow meant that now she wasn't able to stay at the school.

This morning I had a very odd dream, where I was going to R's house, and I was an au pair for these three children.  So we were going up the stairs, and I remarked how it didn't look like the way to his front door, and he replied that it was a back way, and lead into an office which belonged to his dad.  But it was in his flat. (?)  Anyway.  On the way up the stairs, he found a sweater and gave it to me, and I promptly put it on but the cuffs were too small for my hands to get through.  It looked like this.


And then one of the children I was au pairing for said that she had a maid and I was shocked that families still had maids.

My friends and I want to go to a restaurant called Dans le Noir? which is where you choose from a set of four menu colours, and you are served and eat in the dark, and blind people help and serve you as they orientate themselves better in the dark, not having that sense already.  It is interesting and is certainly a novel concept.  I've been wanting to go for aaaages :(  And then I think you find out what you have eaten afterwards.  It seems fun because a lot of our eating is done with our eyes, in that we decide if something tastes good based on the flavours and what it looks like and how the food is presented.  Perhaps we would lose our prejudices about certain foods, were we to eat in the dark.

And also, commuting from my flat to HH several times a week gives me an interesting insight into the concept of personal space.  When you're walking down the street, you do not walk very close to someone, unless you're with them.  On the bus, it is often necessary to stand close to people, yet people are very hesitant to do so, even though it would create more room for other people to stand.  The bus is still a more... formal way of transport, even though that is not the right phrase for what I want to say.  I mean, people often like to have their own two seats, and sit next to the window... and then when others get on, they tend to prefer to take seats that have no one on them already.  But on the tube, there is often no sense of personal space.. people stand very close to each other, and you hear things you don't want to, see things you're not supposed to.  I dislike the tube, even though it is so convenient.  I just don't like the idea of not knowing where I am going, in the sense of seeing things around me as I am travelling.

Went to see The Four Seasons at the Royal Albert Hall last night.  Was very fun. The orchestra were dressed in 18th century (?) style clothes, and the music was very vivacious.  Then we went to Oddono's.. best ice cream place ever ever, and sat outside there talking for an hour, then A, R and I tried to do the Telegraph crossword.


Images: all from google images

No comments:

Post a Comment