Sunday, June 27, 2010

who said it was better to have loved and lost?

Back in London now!  My flat looked very suspiciously tidier than I remember leaving it... tidied up a bit, still got clothes all over the place, but I'm too tired to fix it.  I had a nap during the daytime for the first time in ages: I used to get really tired by the afternoon, back in those days where I didn't eat so much.  But then those stupid horn things they have at the World Cup woke me up: my next door neighbour was watching the other football match that was on today.  Well, England v Germany.. I am not one bit surprised.  I didn't think England deserved to get through to the final 16; their total effort thusfar has been poor.

When I was at home in the shop, I was hot a lot of the time, because of the cooking and machinery and general running about.  My flat is cooler, but I need to keep my window open all the time, otherwise I feel really faint.  This excess heat is just too much for me :(  I don't think I can face going out tomorrow; it NEEDS to cool down NOW :/

Have over 100 GB of things to watch... basically, I just download lots when I am at home, so I can watch films or tv shows during my time at uni when I feel like it.  My sister has also done something to my USB stick.. it's been formatted or somesuch weird thing, and now I can't delete or copy files to it????  Everything was so much simpler when I didn't try to use Windows.

I'm not really looking forward to having to wear sunscreen again.  For the most part, I stay inside during the most sunny hours when you're meant to wear it, and I've only had sunburn once in my life... I don't really tan much, so now I look white.  Except I have Chinese colouring.  But I don't like the feeling of sunscreen and the smell of it, and also the constant need to reapply it.

Sometimes I get really irrational and think that things between the boy and I will be weird when he comes back.  It's hard having very little contact.  You know how in emails, or texts, you can "hear" a person's voice, as if they were actually saying the words they've written?  I don't feel that.  A large part of our relationship is tactile or verbally communicated, and it's difficult to be without my bestest friend for a long time.  I have been promised gifts, and I came back today to find a postcard, which everyone in my house and the postman and everyone involved in its delivery process has probably read.


I adore this song.  It gives me chills.  Just as well, as I need cooling down.


xo


No comments:

Post a Comment