Tuesday, February 16, 2010

of friends, and old friends

Had a weird dream just before I woke, and have time to myself as the boy is still asleep and I am waiting for my hair to dry.


I was reading my messages, as it was my birthday, and I had one from a guy I was on firms with, D.  He had sent me a message, not acknowledging my birthday, but merely to ask me if I wanted to headline his festival that he was organising.  I thought, OK, I know of some good bands that I can suggest and ask them, because I don't play any instruments and I don't sing all that good.  The gig was going to be on Valentine's Day, 14th February, but the fact that it was Valentine's Day wasn't bothering me.






So I emailed some bands.  Random Hand and Mouthwash came to mind, because although I have not seen them or heard their music, my friend T loooves them, and that's why they got suggested.  So I checked their myspaces, and saw one of them had a gig on 15th Feb, so they'd be more likely to do one on the 14th, so I sent them a message asking so.


Then I was at home, though it was a place I feel as though I have never been to.  It was Feb 13th, and D had sent me another message, saying that he had to pay money for some artists to perform at his festival, and didn't have enough for the headliner, he still hadn't had one, it was still listed as "special guest headliner" but he reallllly needed one.  I had to go and meet T, to ask her about her progress with convincing RH/M to perform.  Instead of using my own car, my dad dropped me off in a carpark, where I saw T right in the corner, peeking out of a blue car.  I said, "that's her that's her!" and ran out of the car.


So we were talking for a while, and then I was aware that I was in this very beautiful room, akin to the decor inside the V&A....




I was sat at a table with R, trying to explain something to him, but I kept being distracted by a couple sat on a table behind R.  They were both people I know, one very well, but both not anymore.  She had decreased in attractiveness, although still quite pretty, and she was wearing a pale coloured dress.  He however had dyed his hair so that it was dark brown and was wearing a suit and looked very smart.  I kept remarking that he was good looking, and he was giving such a look of adoration to his dining partner, as maybe happened in life.  I always thought there was a flirtiness between them.


-----


The reason I feel it fitting to write this dream, though it might not be so interesting, is because the boy is someone who was instrumental at one point in my life, though he will never know it, and whilst I have not spoken to him of late or even recent late, maybe I will go say hello!




All images found via google images

No comments:

Post a Comment