Saturday, March 13, 2010

thanks for the memories...

People have often said that I remember lots of things... as in, memory wise.  I don't do it consciously, but I know I connect memories with things and people, songs and places, books and objects.  I don't remember when that moment is when you and someone become friends... it sort of happened by osmosis for me a lot of the times.  But if you ask me, I would probably remember when we first met.  So these are my memories of my best friends (university), and my favorite pictures of me with them.


I would say that my very best friend is the boy I am going out with: in my first year at university, I found it very hard to keep in touch with a lot of people I had met, but we always stayed in touch and had such fun conversations when we did talk.  We probably only spoke about 10-20 times over the whole year, and yet I always considered him one of my best friends.  The first time I met P was in the common room, in halls.  It was a Thursday, during Freshers week, and there were cocktails being made up.  That was when I first discovered Blue Curacao: I loooove it.  One of my most favourite memories of P is being in the Brook Green Hotel, where one of the staff (from abroad someplace) asked if he was on a diet, and I said yes, he doesn't eat wheat, but she was actually saying "date".


L: Captain Picard & Sailor Mars.... R: at the Royal Albert Hall




My best female friend is I, because I love her lots.  She has been very supportive and we have a similar work ethic, and similar tastes in music and books.  I don't remember the day when we met though, although I know it was very very early on in first year.  She was part of the so-called "commuters club", people who lived at home and had a long way to travel to get into uni, and so was one of the first ones there.  We have always been friends, even though I didn't talk to her that much early on in first year, and third year made it difficult to see people.  One of the best memories I have of I is pretty much our second year :)


Pizza Express: Fulham Broadway.  She's on the right




My best guy friends I all met in first year.  We used to have tutorials for PBL and PCC and the other thing, and I had a PBL session in the library, although I didn't know where the room was.  It was my first session and I was there a little early so I went to the concourse to see if there was anyone I could ask.  A was there, listening to some music very loud, (Buddha Bar) and he told me he had PCC.  A has been a very good friend to me, and whilst I might complain about certain aspects of his personality, (haha) I know he is a good person and that he would do anything for people he cares for.  Hm... a memory.  One of my most favourite memories of A was Rag Week in first year, when we did Circle Line :)


Sofra, Covent Garden, 2008


There was a CD of notes going around first year, probably due to me, as I went to a social once, and someone gave me a CD of notes for the first two years.  I was in a lecture, and I was going to give the CD to someone to copy, but she had a tutorial to go to.  M then said he would copy it, as he had free time after the lecture with nothing scheduled for an hour or something.  Again, M has been a very good friend to me, particularly during the end of first year, and I hope I have been as understanding and patient when he was going through emotional troubles.  My favorite memory of M... his online affair.  :D  Totally hilarious.


R's couch, 2008




In the summer term of first year, about a month before exams, we had this random Respiratory Science lecture, about respiratory alkalosis/acidosis and its metabolic equivalents.  We then had this problem sheet, so a group of us went to a tutorial room to work it out.  The first time I met R, we argued over metabolic acidosis/respiratory acidosis +/- compensation, because we each thought we were right, although I think we both got it wrong in the end.  I wasn't ever close to R in first or second year much.  We were only friends in that we had mutual friends, and I didn't think we were close enough for me to give him a Christmas present in 2nd year (the only time I've done it) (sorry R!) I looked at my dream tag, and he seems to have featured in several.. because we talk a lot and I consider him to be one of my best friends now.  He's very intelligent.  My favourite memory of R.... Probably gossip sinking/sharing at the corner after Podmedics/MedEd :)


Queens Lawn, summer 2008




I first met A in third year, outside a lecture theatre in H, which has since been knocked down.  We had a feedback lecture, and she was there waiting outside, as the door was locked.  I didn't really speak to her very much at all, and it's only been during Repro that we've become good friends.  I really like her: she is incredibly reliable and patient and can hold her own.  I really admire her :)  The best memory I have of A was the last day of term before Christmas (2009) when we were in the lecture theatre at lunch, (there were a few of us) chatting and laughing and trying to watch movie trailers on the computer.


I'm in the middle; she's on my left (Christmas 2009)




And my last best friend.  I first met D... I don't actually know... first year.  We used to talk on MSN, because I emailed about 100 people asking them if they wanted the CD notes, and he replied, and we talked on MSN.  I consider D one of my very good friends, even though our friendship is on pause a lot of the time, due to various schedule conflicts, but it's still there, just the same as it ever was.  And my favourite memory... "say owt mancunian-like?!"


 Sofra, 2008



Bet I can remember when I met most of my friends :D




ALL THESE IMAGES ARE MY OWN; PLEASE DON'T USE WITHOUT CREDITING ME

No comments:

Post a Comment