Sunday, March 21, 2010

why i don't eat sugar

I've only done this once before in my life, around November/December 2008, and I never really appreciated why I did it.  It was more for moral support rather than wanting to be any healthier.


I read somewhere that cutting out sugar will allow me to lose excess weight.  And so far, it's sort of working.  I've lost 3 lbs in 3 weeks.  Which for normal weight loss is actually really good.  But the reason I am doing it is because I noticed I was eating lots of junk food, i.e. cakes, chocolate, biscuits, cookies, fruit pies and the like and it was making me gain weight (to a weight heavier than I have ever been before) and it was making me upset.  So I decided one day, "today's the day I will stop eating sugar".  So I did it.  I had cravings for two days, then it subsided and now I don't miss it much at all.


Since then, I have only had sugar once, in cake form, because we went to the V&A and R had owed me and so we're now even in cake-buying debt.  And I didn't have sugar throughout the day, just that one time at lunch, and that was all.


But fear not, it's just processed sugar.  I still eat fruit.  It's unnatural to eat processed sugar.  I think it links in with my fear of being fat, and is related to my dislike of obese people.  (Don't even get me started)  Two of my close friends voiced the opinion that they were worried about me.  I'm almost probably not fat, but I know this is an issue I need to work through on my own.


I feel a lot healthier, but also a lot more tired, as I used to rely on sugar to give me energy.  Sometimes I find it difficult, like when I get stressed, I want some chocolate, but for the most part it isn't too bad.


Via experimentation and past knowledge, I know that my body cannot fall below a certain weight unless I make hugely drastic changes which I could never do.  So please don't worry. I only have a few more pounds I would like to lose.


And don't blame the boy - he probably has the most influence upon my eating habits when I am at university but he knows that when I get on the scales in the morning and see that the figure is higher than what I would like to be makes me feel really really upset.


found via google images


PS.  Check out this website: http://www.thisiswhyyourefat.com ;; it makes me feel very ill :(

No comments:

Post a Comment