Monday, October 11, 2010

that october feeling

Not entirely sure where these last few days have gone; it seems to have gone by very quickly without my noticing it.  I've been busy with work and tidying and looking through people's personal statements for medicine; they are all starting to blur into one, and the main message seems to be "it's challenging but I like it".  There are only so many ways you can phrase something, so I guess it's just a game of trying to phrase it in an individual way that still has your 'voice' behind it.  It's a fine line between being very supportive, and saying, oh, you said this well, and a need to say, this is what you should say and what the admissions tutors might be looking for.


Went for dinner with some friends to a halal Chinese restaurant; the menu had pictures of the food alongside the written text, and it made me a little sad, because the pictures reminded me of being home.  I get real authentic Chinese food at home made by my parents (my dad used to work in two famous Chinese restaurants) ... I guess that's part of the reason I don't have Chinese food often when I am not at (real) home, because it's not the same.  A lot of the food you get in takeaways or restaurants caters to the Western appetite, so it pales into insignificance compared to the food my parents can make, so whilst I miss Chinese food A LOT when I am away at university, I know I have great things to look forward to.  My parents always make my favourite foods when I am home :D


Anyway, the halal Chinese was very good... I've missed eating out.  I saved a whole lot of money whilst P was away (sort of) as I stayed in a lot and ate through my "emergency" food supply, which I then came to realise was my ACTUAL food supply.  It's almost all gone, thankfully.  And I've missed eating out with friends; as time goes by, it gets harder to organise meet ups, as people have various commitments and other interests.  I feel that even though I've been in a relationship for a while, it's still good to have different interests to the significant other.  I just don't think I could ever become someone who spent all their time with their boyfriend.. I'm not sure that it would be good for all parties concerned.



Carol
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment