Tuesday, November 30, 2010

no more grey skies

I haven't felt able to write a post about how my life has been going for a couple of weeks, as I've been quite busy... Orthopaedics, Rheumatology and Dermatology has kept me a little busy, with lots of homework to do.  I've not been up to all that much exciting... not been feeling well and these past couple of days I have been feeling absolutely rubbish.  Had to have today off... feel very guilty for doing so but I can't breathe or speak properly, so thought it was probably best to not go in.


It was C's birthday last week, and she had a very good party.  Not as many people as she had hoped showed up because of various things but still had lots of fun :)  We went to a roller disco place - it was really fun!  There were loads of people who were scarily good!  I only fell over once, when I was trying to go up two steps :/


It was the Primrose Hill Winter Festival on Sunday; I've never been that far in North London before, and it was very pretty.  The hill itself has an astounding view of many sights in London, including Big Ben, St Paul's Cathedral and Westminster Abbey.  I highly recommend you see the view from the top of the hill, but go all wrapped up for cold winter weather!  The festival itself just seemed to be a celebration of stores that are around Primrose Hill, which sell nice things, with a background of live jazzy music.  The smells were lovely, as there were so many food stalls, selling gourmet foods and also lots of cakes.


Doing my best to organise a Christmas dinner for my friends and I at the end of term - it is proving harder than I thought it would be.  Hopefully some people will come and we can have a proper catch up and some good times :)  I am feeling a little festive now... I used to hate it when Christmas decorations were out in October.  But I suppose now it's getting all dark and a little bit snowy (I saw it snow today but it melted as soon as it reached the ground) and it marks the end of the year when I get to go and see my family.  I fluctuate sometimes between hating the commercialness of Christmas and liking the novelty things as they amuse me.





Look at that!  It's a revolving penguin!!!!


P's housemates are having an overblown Christmas party, which is trying too hard.  I can't decide whether or not to tell them how I feel about it.  It is a 'holiday sweater' themed party, where each housemate has to contribute £80.. there will be an artificial Christmas tree, and an area where guests can make drunken Christmas decorations... they're having a Feuerzangebowle and lots of alcohol and lights and decorations and food..... I have never heard of a party that has tried too hard to be cool.  What happened to the days where you could just go over to someone's house without needing to dress up or bring your own mug (?!?!!) and have a good chat?  Seriously, even the theme is too much.  But one of the housemates is Canadian, and maybe that's how they do parties over there.


I suggested an Oriental themed party as I have a kimono and a cheongsam.  Obviously I will not wear them together but I am reliably informed that the kimono "cost a lot of money" and so I cannot just use it as a light dressing gown type of clothing.


I can't believe 11 months of 2010 have gone by already.  Where has this month gone?  I hope you are all having a great week and that you're looking forward to the holiday season!


Let me know how you have been!


Carol
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment