Tuesday, August 10, 2010

just how much is too much

Now I think I understand why people spend a lot of money on certain things, for example, clothes, books, games, DVDs.  My hugest extravagance is my beauty regime, if it can be called that.  Realised today, putting everything together on my table, just how expensive it is.  I wouldn't say I am someone who spends a lot on books (which I used to) or clothes (as I don't buy clothes that often as I always get stupidly indecisive and can never find anything that fits or that I like) or games (as it's not my thing) or DVDs (as I download them mostly)... Sure there are things I spend a lot on, as a one off.  Like buying a laptop.  I spend money on rent, but theoretically, that money doesn't feel like real money to me.  It comes from my student loan / bursary / transfers and is a standing order so it's not like I ever see it in real life.


I have several products I use often.. not going to list names or prices as I prefer not to think of the actual price as a number, just an abstract "a lot".  It prevents me from feeling guilty for spending so much.  I took a picture with the intention of uploading it here, but I decided against doing so.


Sometimes I do feel guilty about spending quite so much on my skin, but it's important to me.  It's partly because I am a girl, I read fashion magazines, I read beauty product reviews, I see adverts for things, I want them, I research them.  It's not just for frivolous vanity reasons that I spend so much, you know?!!  Although.. how much is too much?


Answers on a postcard please!


Carol
xoox

No comments:

Post a Comment