Saturday, August 7, 2010

kiss me kiss me say that you miss me

Hello boys + girls,


A lot has been happening recently, but not had any time to write about it.  Thought I'd do this tonight, or early today.. as I like writing here; it helps me to compartmentalise various things that have happened in my life.  I seem to have finally reached the right balance of communication with my family (only taken 4 years).  When I first moved away from home, my parents used to call me quite often then we struck a deal of talking twice a week.  Then my mum figured out how to text, and send picture messages, and now I communicate a lot of information via text and pictures.  The main thing my parents are concerned about is knowing that I am alright which is why they want to hear from me often.  I think know I've said this a lot, but the more time I live out, and spend less time at home, the more I realise just how much being with my family means to me.  I get homesick less often, not that I did much to begin with.  Two or three weeks before I go home, I feel like I /need/ to go home, but it passes, and I think it's probably related to knowing I will be going home really soon.


I often think I wouldn't be that good at being domesticated, but I've only just come to the realisation that these past few months, I have become more domesticated.  As in... handwashing all my clothes, sweeping the floor twice a day, tidying up some part of my flat constantly... I quite like tidying as I find it therapeutic when the place is clean and shiny.  Whether it is linked to the boy being away I know not.. maybe I am just growing up (haha).


There are two books I have in my possession (sort of), one of which I read a few weeks ago.. it came exceedingly highly recommended and it was indeed really good.  Now I want to start another book, whose content links to that of the first book, but I can't figure out when to read it.  I'm not a travel-reader.. I can do puzzles but I can't read (much) whilst on public transport.  And I can't read for more than 20 minutes before bed, during my wind down time for the day.  I sense this second book is one that will require more than 20 minute bursts of reading...


Received a dress in the post, courtesy of T.. thankyou.  It fits lovely-ly.. er, wonderfully (I need to stop making up words).  I'm one of those people who wants to wear their new purchases very soon after they are bought.. but sometimes I keep some things back and wear them out of season.  Although, technically, most of the things I own are not in season.. I wear my summer wardrobe most of the time, with the addition of one or two extra layers in winter.  Maybe I will learn to dress appropriately for the weather one day.  I hate being cold, and I hate wearing layers in bed which is why I have more than one duvet on my bed.  Speaking of which, now I feel like it's getting cold again.. time to get my other duvet out.... I love sitting in bed with all my pillows and duvets.  I always sleep on the left side - always always - so I have a clock, some books and magazines on the right hand side.


These past few weeks I have been budgeting like crazy and eating at home lots and lots, so I could afford to pay for some skincare things that I needed... wanted needed.  So my diet hasn't been crazy or exotic or anything, just.. normal.  I also went with some friends to karaoke this eve - was very fun. =)  I guess at first you spend ages picking songs then no one wants to be the first to sing, so you need a great song that everyone knows so that they can sing along.  Sore throat didn't help - been feeling a bit ill this past week (all my own fault).


Had a surprise phone call from P during the week - verbal contact has, until now, been non-existent, so it was great to hear his stories firsthand until his phonecard money ran out. I also used a website a few months ago, which stores emails for a certain length of time and delivers it on a specified date.  Well, mine was delivered on my birthday;I forgot that I had sent it so it was a surprise to get it back, and a reply.  He signed off with "I made sure that when I moved to the UK that I thought of where I lived as home -- but now home is where you are".  ♥  (Yes yes, potentially very soppy, but shush.  I think it's sweet.  You wish you had a boy/girlfriend who thinks of you in this way.)




Hope you've all been well!
Carol
x
o
x
o

No comments:

Post a Comment