Wednesday, July 28, 2010

birthday!

It's my birthday!!!  Celebrated by going to lectures then Starbucks, and had a traditional lunch and am just waiting for my dinner.  But in all seriousness, I celebrated it last week with my friends, and last month with my family.  I(think)'ve got most of my presents.. spent a disproportionate amount of time looking for a dress yesterday.  I feel like my life needs to be more girly.. it doesn't feel like it is at the moment.

I feel like I have left my teens for real now.  When you're 21, you can still claim to be a teen.. I always associated being 21 with a "let's party!" age.  Now I'm properly in my 20's.  But being 21 was fun.  Some of the things that stood out for me this year: I helped to deliver a baby on my 21st birthday. I helped to deliver several babies, and got to be assistant surgeon.  I got mentioned in the acknowledgements in P's thesis. (I have an irrational worry of being forgotten when I am no longer alive.. so in some small way, I will be remembered).  I've achieved more of my goals to do before I'm 30. I got a BSc in Medical Sciences with Reproductive and Developmental Science. I read a book that changed my outlook on life.  I learnt significantly more about what will happen in the future. I had many many good times with my friends and family, and learnt who I could and couldn't trust, and who my real friends were.

Whilst I worry about getting old ( I have about £x of products I regularly use right now.  is that too much?), I'm excited about what this year is going to bring.  Age is just a number and all that matters is what you do with the time that you have.


5 years ago, I only had vague ideas and vague dreams about where my life was going.

Vitalise, 2005


(C) Carol, 2005

Now I know where I'm going :-)

short hair, home, 2010
(C) Carol, 2010
Carol
x o x o

PS. Some pictures from A's & my birthday meal. Credit R & A, 2010.


♥ this photo
I like the way this picture turned out :)






No comments:

Post a Comment