Sunday, July 11, 2010

you can be my cind-er-el-la

Had a lovely weekend =)  a good ending to the first week of pathology.. which was very intense.  On Friday, I went over to A's house, where we had lots of fun chat and cake on her balcony.  Saturday, I was a good domestic person, and hand washed loads of my clothes and had a nap because part of my conjunctiva was red :(  Sometimes I wish my family lived in London, so I wouldn't have to do things like washing my own clothes and cooking my own food.  It's all part of the experience though, moving out, being independent and the like.  And I have no boy to rely upon at the moment.. I think I'm doing fine!  I finished SATC1 - it makes me cringe sometimes, with the cheesy relationships but it's quite good for candy TV.


I don't think I've ever properly dated.  Y'know, school boy/girl dates, they don't seem real to me.  But both boys I've dated.. we sort of didn't have the whole courtship experience.  Particularly with my boy, we didn't "see" each other, we knew we were going out and exclusive straight away.  I don't think I miss the courting thing though - it's not really my thing, and I'd probably not be very good at it.  I mean, we go on dates sometimes... we decide we're going out to eat someplace and we meet there and sometimes we dress up all smartly.  But there's no sort of intermediate phase, where you're not sure if you're seeing someone.


Today, I had a very successful shopping trip, for once.  I hate shopping sometimes :/  I looove Whole Body, at the Whole Foods Market - it's one of the best shops ever.  Bought loads of beauty stuff.  Then walked to Speakers Corner in Hyde Park with R - I'd never really been along the route that we took - a lot of Hyde Park on the Northern side seems to be left to grow to its own devices - it's lovely.  Then we met up with some friends, H, A, A, M.. and some other people.  Was good to see people, after not seeing them for a while - A was dressed very summery.  Wish I dressed that nicely - kept getting grassy bits everywhere :(  Then everyone left pretty quickly, or relatively, so R and I stayed to lie in the park and talk.  I like having conversations with R - they are always very thought provoking.  (I want a wedding invite IOU!)  You know, not just a "what's going on in my life" conversation.. one that has meaning.


Started reading "Inconceivable" by Ben Elton - pretty much finished my pile of books from last September, except The Extended Phenotype, but I've had my fill of Dawkins for a while.  It's written in diary form, which is very thought provoking for me, as I keep this blog and I used to write a diary.


Also, J, good luck with your FO internship :D


xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment