Wednesday, August 11, 2010

under the weather

Day 5 — Your dreams
Dear subconscious,
You work in very very mysterious ways.  Mysterious as in, unsolvable.  I like dreaming.  I researched a little of the theory behind them a little a few weeks ago... women have better recall of dreams and few people dream wholly in black and white.  But... are you trying to tell me something?  Is there some sort of sign I should be picking up on, that you can't or don't or won't show me in real life?  I was quite into seeing signs in meaningless things a while back.. it was mostly weight related, (in a good way... or bad way, depending how you look at it).

Maybe it's a manifestation of subconscious stress.  I always have more vivid dreams when I am stressed about something.  I also wake up in the night and try to continue my dream as if it were real life, thus confusing P a lot on many occasions.  Or maybe it's overspill from the day's thoughts.  I also wake up from dreams feeling confused about what day it is or what time it is... strange.

Some dreams unsettle me, some make me sad, some make me feel a bit strange... maybe that's one of the things that makes us truly unique.  Our ability to dream and never experience someone else's.  I wish they were easily interpreted.  I don't think the mind does things for frivolity, so dreams must serve a purpose, more than some warped idea of entertainment.

If I could make them into a film, it would be so disjointed and yet amusing.  Though probably only to myself.  It is refreshing how there is still something that science cannot adequately explain.

Yours thoughtfully,
Carol xo

No comments:

Post a Comment