Wednesday, January 5, 2011

de nouvelles choses


Whether or not you believe that a new year can really signify the start of something new or that it's an arbitrary date, 2011 certainly seems to be a year that a lot of people are looking forward to.  To be fair, the past few years, globally and nationally have not been all that amazing - there have been good things but it has been vastly overshadowed by some darker and gloomier things.  So it comes as no surprise that people are looking to the future.


When I was younger, I used to make New Year's Resolutions.  They would be unexciting things, like, go to bed at x hour every night, wake up at x hour every morning, exercise every day... do well at school etc etc. As the years went by, I gave up making a list, and so the past few years, I have looked forward to the New Year with the continuing resolution of being happy with my life and everything in it.  I didn't feel the need to mark the new year's arrival with resolutions, when I could just be resolving to do something when I want, regardless of the date.


I would like to think that as each year passes, I mature a little and become a little bit wiser, and that I continue to be happy with my life, and the way I am living it.


Are you making any New Year's Resolutions?  What are you looking forward to in 2011?


Carol xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment