Sunday, January 16, 2011

fermez les yeux - dream

I was at my main campus building, the one that deals with most of the administration etc, and it was a little before 2pm.. maybe 1.20 or something.  I had an exam that I had not revised for  at 2, and someone I used to teach had the first of his BSc exams at 2pm too, and we were talking about essay ideas and what kind of things would come up.  We were sat in some sort of reception room, where round tables were arranged with a cream and neutral theme, and there was lots of ribbon around.  We sat at one of the tables in the corner, and we were discussing endocrinology in gynaecology, which covers pre-puberty, puberty, pregnancy and menopause, which would have made a good, but rather long, essay concerning the various female hormones.

I couldn't remember what exam I had at 2pm, but it was one I hadn't revised for, and I saw some girls from my French class from A levels, who seemed to think that our attendance at a wedding upstairs took priority over the exam, so we went to discuss it with the teacher, who said that we could sit the exam at 11pm, and then continue with the pattern of exams on Wednesday (I think it was Monday in the dream).




We were all sat on very long rectangular tables, and the guest sat next to me had a red/coral coloured shirt on, and I remember thinking that I had seen them before somewhere or they gave me a sense of deja vu, but I ignored him and turned to talk to those on my right.  I don't remember the actual wedding part but there was lots of food, and soon it was past 11pm, and then we French girls regrouped and decided that we would go to the teacher and ask if we could do the exam another day.  For some reason, none of the following days would suit and we decided to stay at the party.




One of the ushers came up to me and said that the guy who was sat next to me, whose name was Marcus or Mark or something similar, had left a watch, except when I turned to look at it, it was just the watch strap with any watch face on it at all, and instead there was only a silver circular disc.  Anyway, the usher left it with me for some reason so I walked around trying to find someone with the red/coral shirt.  I had two failed attempts and so just wore it on my left wrist in case one day I'd come across this person.  (In theory, it probably wouldn't have happened, but my dreams are odd)

Then the dream changed; it felt like a few days later and I was in Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, and there seemed to be some kind of fracas on the ground floor but I was on one of the levels overlooking the ground floor.  I recognised the two people involved; one was this Mark / Marcus person and another was a female celebrity, who was under dressed for the weather.  A little distance away from me was a security guard, who had a fluorescent bright yellow jacket on (although I'm not sure that hospital security wear clothes this bright?) but he was just observing.  So this girl seemed to be threatening him (let's call her Jess for convenience's sake) with something, and they were arguing about The Body Shop adverts amongst other things and whether or not he would make them.




They seemed to be getting violent - usually when things like this happen, a crowd of people gather but for some reason this didn't happen.. it was just me and the security guard.  There were people going in and out of the hospital but not watching, just ignoring.  Jess chased Mark up two levels of the hospital but he was quite agile and managed to jump back down to the ground floor without hurting himself, and when she tried she collapsed into a heap on the floor, as she had broken her legs.  The security guard then tried to shoot Mark, who was now on the second floor again. I left thinking okay, well I tenuously know this person, maybe I can help out, and I was suddenly aware that there were lots of people on the second floor.

I went to the ground floor and tried to go up to the sixth floor (??) in some progressive looking elevator, where you stood on a piece of card and pressed a button and tried to balance well thus making it to your destination vertically.  I fell off after being elevated about 5 metres, which hurt a lot.  I then used a normal elevator to go to the second floor.

I mingled in with the crowd, and saw Mark/Marcus who was still wearing his red/coral colour shirt (?) and then I walked past him and took him by the arm and dragged him along with me.  I explained who I was and that I was going to get him out of there  - by now, the security man was calling the police and alerting the various authorities and the media.  So Mark and I were walking along and then I said to him, close your eyes which he did then I took off his 'watch' and put it in his hand and told him to look, and that he forgot something at the party.  He recognised who I was and that I didn't speak to him all evening at the wedding.




We went back to his home, and he was explaining to me that things were getting bad, and he was getting told off and into trouble at work on the three days he went (Tuesday, Thursday and Friday) and was lying in a raging drunken stupor the rest of the week at home being angry with himself.  His room was underground in some sort of sewer; he took the things he needed and then a man recognised who he was, and shut the gate you had to pass through to go out and called the police who were on the way.  Then Mark turned into some kind of dragon and bashed a way out of his 'room' (??) then we escaped.

----

I'd like to say there was some magical ending, but there wasn't, I don't remember what happened after that.  Often, weird things in dreams shock me into waking up and I can never lucid dream.


No comments:

Post a Comment