Friday, January 28, 2011

never had much experience in chasing ladies

Hello!  Life has gone by very quickly these past few weeks.  I finished my GP rotation; it was in over an hour away from where I live.  Had to get up at 6 am on numerous occasions... but it was very enjoyable; I got to do and see lots and lots :-)  I suppose that beforehand, I didn't really have a strong view about GPs and what they do... I always thought they saw coughs and colds, but spending time in a GP practice helped me see that's not really at all true.  GPs actually can't do all that much to treat the common cold / flu but they see such a wide range of patients; it really made me rethink my previous opinion of them.  The lifestyle is quite attractive as it allows you to be slightly flexible with work and also have a family life.  You also have to think quite quickly and be sure in your own judgement and trust that judgement too.  Very interesting.

Had a significant event analysis thing today as a debrief to the GP attachment, where we talked about paths of least resistance, the line between a professional / personal relationship, violent / aggressive people and medicalised people who might expect favours. I suppose that first I viewed the SEA as a bit of a waste of time, but it was whilst I was sitting in a GP consultation that it made me think, this case makes me a bit conflicted.



Afterwards, R and I had a lively discussion about various things.  It happens every once in a while and I always come away only remembering two or three or the things we talk about?  But I always come away thinking that we did have a good conversation.


Other than that, not really been up to much else.  I've been so tired lately that I've not had energy to write about anything or do anything much other than nap or do the coursework for the GP attachment.  Bought a ticket to see my friend in Southampton... bought a ticket for LFWE.  Finally got P a Christmas present and picked out things I would like.  Been listening to Taylor Momsen's band, The Pretty Reckless a lot recently.  Her fashion taste has much left to be desired but her voice is something different.. and I find it hard to match up the person I have seen grow through their teens via Gossip Girl and the trashy dressing girl with a smokey rock voice.


Carol xx

No comments:

Post a Comment