Friday, April 22, 2011

i want your everything as long as it's free

Sometimes I find it odd that we hide part of ourselves away, and yet make it obvious in a different medium.  Don't pretend like you've never ever done it.. browsed someone's facebook or twitter or whatever social media thing they have, just to see what they look like now, or what they have been doing recently.  Sometimes, some of the things that might come up might be a surprise to some people, or a confirmation of character.  It's so passe (plus accent on the e) to stalk someone online (I can understand looking for people on facebook just to see if the face matches the name and then you realise you did know all along who they were).

I suppose the point of this is to say that people can hide parts of themselves away, but sometimes you can guess some of it, or all of it.  My boyfriend and I were once talking about what 'friends' mean, and he said something about a study or a theory concerning friends where part of the theorycriteria is that you can guess their mindset in different situations.  I forget what it is exactly, and I am too lazy to go and ask him, so we can therefore proceed with the idea that friends can guess what their friends would do in certain situations.

Recent events have lead me to believe that there might be feelings between people I know, whether or not they want it known, I am not entirely sure.  It's sort of hard to explain what I mean here without going into specifics.  Or maybe it is just my willingness and readiness to want my friends in relationships.  My boyfriend also jokingly remarks sometimes that some of my friends should get together, as they seem well suited (from what he knows of them and what I have told him about them) as then I would have a wedding invite guaranteed (see previous posts).  But it is more than this, (not just the fact that it would halve my wedding invite count -_- ...) sometimes I really do feel as though my friends have feelings in the romantic department for people I know.  Whether or not they are friends I cannot say as that would give too much away.  Call it crazy, call it unfounded or call it female intuition..

No comments:

Post a Comment