Thursday, April 21, 2011

Royal Wedding

Ever since Prince William asked Kate to marry him, companies have been abuzz creating memorabilia.  Here are the things that amused me, and are less tacky than normal.  Of course, where you see London souvenirs, you will undoubtedly see tacky Kate and Wills stuff, which will become reduced price after the wedding itself.  I can't help but wonder... what will happen to all the stock that remains for a few weeks/months after the wedding itself.

But enough pondering.  I myself shall be watching the wedding.  I love the monarchy and I am pleased there is another Royal Wedding.  The last one I remember was Edward and Sophie, but they won't be the monarchs of England, will they?

I realise a lot of people are making a big deal out of it, because William is the son of Charles and Diana, whose wedding was famously broadcast all those years ago.  It was said that a lot of people bought their first television just so they could watch their wedding.  And it is now said that 3 billion people will watch this wedding.

It makes me a little proud to be British :) (not proud enough to buy any souvenirs.  That is not my style.  Though, I suppose I created some sort of online memory.  I moderate for a shared twitter account, and created a #royalwedding tag)

Carol xxxx



Limited edition oyster card.... was going to get one... then I remembered I don't really buy souvenirs.  Even of William and Kate.





from the tfl shop

I quite like this, with the subtle "I DO". from the tfl shop

Butler & Wilson Crystal Union Jack Guardsman key ring (only £70.....)

Oliver Bonas tea towel

Belle and Boo tape, rather cute!

Halycon Days memento box

French Sole shoes

Cath Kidston tea towel
from Biscuiteers

haha. from Not On The High Street

stylishly elegant from Fortnum and Mason

Marks and Spencers dome umbrella.  Actually really want this...

images from google, london-underground.blogspot.com, voguelondon.co.uk, images.google.co.uk, cathkidston.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment