Tuesday, April 5, 2011

much better to face these kinds of things...




Feeling a little wistful tonight, and in a funny sort of mood.  I feel like what the girl in this photo looks like.  It is a beautiful photo, and I feel that it captures the light and a wistful feeling very well.

Finished all my sign offs for O&G except for the final assessment, and also the ethics thing we are doing tomorrow.  Really enjoying O&G and I will be sad that it is finishing soon.  Did a case presentation a few months ago, and just found out that the patient that the case was about passed away only 2 weeks after I had met him :(

Also, locked my twitter this evening so that only people who 'follow' me can read my tweets.  This is for safety and privacy.  I update it more often than this blog, as my tweets are often spur of the moment things.  I know people are averse to twitter for some reason, but I was a silent member of twitter for a long long time, just following and not commenting / tweeting etc.  You can make an account, follow people you want and you can get tweets sent to your phone from people you follow for free, e.g. I follow @BBCBreaking, the page for the area of London that I live in and a live unofficial tube update thing so I know which lines to avoid without needing to check tfl, so then I don't need to log onto twitter.com often to check the important things (news, travel news, local news)

Like I said, this is for privacy and for safety reasons.  Not that I tweet anything exciting but if you ever felt the need to read my tweets, you can sign up and request to follow, which I usually accept (barring spam).  It takes about 1 minute.  Just because you have a twitter account does not mean you need to be an active tweeter.

Social media is always something that requires a lot of monitoring and self-discipline.  Employers, schools, universities etc can easily search for your name on google, and then things like facebook and twitter come up.  If you don't set your privacy settings high enough, anyone can see all your information.  As it is, I have removed a significant amount of information from my facebook in the past and recently, and also the blog post deletion/drafting and removing certain things.



...with a sense of poise and rationality
~ Panic at the Disco

No comments:

Post a Comment