Sunday, April 25, 2010

courage teach me to be shy

I always thought that someone's music taste can tell you a lot about them.  There are so many categories of music, and sometimes personalities or fashions are associated with them.  I've been through the "insane amounts of smudged eyeliner and distressed hair and wearing black clothes and jelly bracelets" phase, I'm over it.  It wasn't pretty.


So what does my music taste say about me?  My taste is varied, yet not "everything": I've always believed people who say they like "everything" are lying, as everyone has their pet hate, and the music out there is so diverse that I don't think it is possible to like everything.  I like Boys Like Girls and My Chemical Romance.  I like Britney and Maroon 5.


I hope by my posting youtube videos sometimes here lets you see what sort of stuff I like.  Obviously there are bands I really like, and mention a lot, but I guess that's kinda standard for most people.  I don't really like listening to musical artists who are similar to stuff I like already.  I like listening to new stuff, contrary to popular belief.


But these two songs are unique in that they are among the only songs that I like by these artists.  They both give me chills, and remind me of memories in my past that make me remember.  I wouldn't say they make me happy... just... reminiscent.




A Lack of Color: Death Cab For Cutie









Cannonball: Damien Rice








(I also might possibly love the two songs by Sean Kingston & Justin Bieber.  Two artists that I am not that huge a fan of, but they come together and somehow make two songs that I like.  Hey, don't judge me.  Justin Bieber appeals to the pop music loving part of me!)





No comments:

Post a Comment