Thursday, April 29, 2010

while your heart beats with mine it's true

I haven't written a "me" post in ages, as in, about my life or whatever.  I've been busy living it up in the library, or in SAF or in the Wellcome Library or getting dirty and dusty amongst the archives.  Now it's getting all summery in London too :)  All pretty and warm.  Except taking the tube when it's warm = error.  It feels horrible and sticky and I feel dirty :(  I hate being that close to strangers, just for the sake of travel.  And yet, I need to use the underground to get to places I want to go to.  And what's worse is, during the height of summer, I'll be in London too, experiencing this necessary evil.


I had a low point a few days ago, where I really really really missed P.  I get home quite late very often now, so I don't have nothing to do in the evenings.. just have dinner, watch a film in bed whilst catching up on emails/news then sleep.  But.. I'm not sure how long it'll be okay.  I feel like a part of me is missing - which is such a cliche - like I'm not shining as brightly as I could.


For the past three weeks, I've been waking up at 6am for no reason.  I live on the main road, so it's safe to say there is always some level of noise around all the time on the roads, so I don't think it's that.  It doesn't matter when I wake up, or when I go to bed.  I always wake up around 6am :/  It's annoying in that I wake up, but nice in that I know I have a couple hours more sleep :)


Did you know... according to the wikitravel article, you're not allowed to wear sleeveless shirts or short pants or skirts in the Vatican?  Is this true?  I watched Angels and Demons and The Da Vinci Code recently, and whilst I have visited Paris and seen all the main sights - I even took a photo of La Jocunde when it was illegal to do so! - I have never been to Rome or the Vatican and I'd love to go.  Milan was lovely, and they had a similar thing in the Duomo, where you couldn't show cleavage or your shoulders - luckily in the sweltering heat, I had the irrational foresight to bring a jumper.  But the Vatican would be lovely: there is just so much history there, and who better to go with than someone who knows lots about Roman and Catholic history?


What else is new?  I also want to go to Nice.  And I want a Lolita dress.  And I might dye my hair this weekend - I shall see how I feel and if I can be bothered.  Enough time has passed for me to have forgotten the experience.  Everytime I do it, I think "never again!" for several reasons.  The colour doesn't take all that well sometimes, the smell of the dye is disgusting and sometimes people can't even tell?!


Oh I had a dream where I dream-cheated on P!!!  :(  I forget the majority of the dream - oh yeah, I've not been writing about my dreams as they've not been post-worthy - but I was standing in a circle with my friend F and some random people I didn't know and we were going to play a game and so I took F's hand and the one of the guy next to me.  Then he asked me something and had his head leaning towards me then I was going to say something but then he kissed me!  What is wrong with me?


Saying that, I started laughing during OSCE tutoring yesterday... hehe.  Bad Carol :(






Anyway.  I hope you are all well :)


xo


Also, is it really selfish to post up a list of things I really want in gift form?

No comments:

Post a Comment