Saturday, April 10, 2010

i complain a lot... don't i?

I dislike how major holidays have become huge money-spinning ideas for companies.  Now I know I have many many Easter eggs, but the more I think about it, the more it is just for the chocolate, not what it represents.  Shops push Easter stuff as soon as Valentine's Day is over.  Then it's barbecue time.  Then it's Christmas.  Then it's Valentine's Day.  Since when did these days become about what you buy?


To me, it's not about what you can buy for someone for a holiday or celebrated day.  You get toys for every occasion, and chocolates and drinks and trinkets and all sorts.  Since when did you need earrings with little Christmas trees, or things saying "I love you" on that you'll appreciate for about five minutes and then discard?


I just wish.... we focussed more on what's important: love and friendship.  Christmas and Easter are religious festivals, which have been turned into profit earners for companies who just want money.  Now I feel like a lot of people now just think of Christmas and Easter as receiving presents.  It saddens me.  I don't feel like I need to get people Christmas gifts.  They have my love to appreciate.

No comments:

Post a Comment