Sunday, April 18, 2010

"That mysterious independent variable of political calculation, Public Opinion"

www.voteforpolicies.co.uk


Because of the upcoming elections, and I have to confess the influence of P, I am slightly more interested in politics.  Do the quiz above: it requires thoughr.  I did it, and I am mostly Green Party.  It is interesting for people to look at the policies, rather than just the party they vote for.  I don't feel any affiliation for any party.  My parents always vote Conservative, but that doesn't necessarily mean that I should.  I feel really strongly about the future environmental conditions of the world, and that's what most important to me.  I want a Government that will actually make huge steps to recycle, reuse, have less waste, do something about nuclear power in a positive way and also be happy.  Alternative energies MUST be explored NOW and in a real way.


www.politicalcompass.org


This requires less thought, but there is no "neither agree or disagree".  Some of the issues, like "astrology can accurately predict things" are easy to answer, and the questions on sex and private lives are easy.  I feel "strongly agree" or "strongly disagree" about some subjects, but some less so.  Every time I have done it (I have done it on three occasions now, each a few months apart), I am of the same political persuasion as Nelson Mandela.  So whilst some people might not agree with my putting "strongly agree and strongly disagree" with some issues, at least I am in the company of a great man.

No comments:

Post a Comment