Wednesday, April 14, 2010

sleepy...zz

Because I'm doing this national blog posting month thing, my posts are getting less about my daily routine.  So thought I'd do one. Just typing up some of my notes that I've been collecting.  Now I am sleepy :(  Got OSCE tutoring at 6, but I'm hungry.  And I need a nap.


Been feeling sort of low since P left too.  Helped out at the mock PACEs on Saturday, and watched the rest of the Gossip Girl episodes that I'd down... acquired.  Now I'm fully up to date.  Been reading A Woman's World by Baroness Summerskill, and A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson, the latter of which I read before bed, and thus learn about physics or geology or. you know... a lot of that knowledge I once possessed, like how to do the Michelson-Morley experiment and how to get Avogadro's number and wave-particle duality.  It's like a whistle stop tour of my physics A Level.


I miss Physics A Level.  We had a good class, and I understood elements of it.  And I always got that satisfying feeling when you put numbers into some huge equation and you get the right answer without looking at the answer or asking someone.  But when something transcends normality, like minute particles that exist for milliseconds or even shorter, you know, or I know, I'd get confused.  Because, inevitably, crazy amounts of maths would be involved.  I used to love the prose bit of Physics... the maths bit, not so much.  All those numbers and reliance on my calculator... :/


What else... I've got P's light clock (which I actually bought) which is a clock that is meant to beat seasonal affective disorder or something.  It mimicks the sunset and sunrise, and so gets brighter 30 mins before the alarm is meant to go off, and you can set it so that it gets darker and darker over 30 mins, which is meant to help you sleep.  I mostly use it as a lamp.


I've been saying this for a loooong time but I really want to dye my hair.  Now I know that it can work properly (sort of) but I hate the smell of it and doing it myself, and making sure the roots AND the ends are covered equally.  P went to get a haircut before he left.  Toni and Guy was £40.  This random place near college was £46.  £46??????????????????  WHY?!  I can get it done for free, courtesy of my mother.  £46 is extortionate.  To be honest, hairdresser prices are mostly extortionate.  But because of my anchoring, I think I think every price is going to cost a lot.  Especially because I have "long hair" so it costs the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment