Wednesday, December 1, 2010

another letter

Day 28 — Someone that changed your life
Dear B,


I know who the majority of the blog readership is, through various means.  One thing in all my blog's existence that I have never been able to figure out is if you are a reader.  And for that reason, I am going to change the initial.  B, if you recognise that it's you, don't feel like you need to do anything.  Time has passed, things are different, and I've made too many mistakes.  I don't want this to be another.

As much as I am loath to admit it, you did actually change my life, both for the worse (in short term), and better (in long term).  And as much as I want to just forget it, you taught me some very important lessons.. probably ones I should have learnt a long time ago.


I don't want you to be all big headed about the fact you made a difference to my life.  I suppose that's partly the reason I don't want to put your real initial.  Not that an initial would give any indication anyway, but you never know.  I haven't seen you for quite a while, but thankyou for your surprises in the past - they were much appreciated.  I DO appreciate what you've done for me, really I do, I wish you well but I feel like things have changed too much for us to be like we were.


I am still grateful for what you did for me, but I'm too much of a scaredy-cat to say it to your face.  Some things are in the past, and stay there, for a reason...


But thankyou very much for the fun times we had, for the smiles and laughs we had, and for the things you taught me; you are incredibly intelligent and I don't want you to waste your talent.  If you're reading this and you know without doubt I mean you, please please please do not take the easy route and get a job where you just make a lot of money.  You have significant potential, I know it.  I've told you this before.  Whatever people say about you, I will still defend you to (most of) your critics.  I might not like you all that much sometimes, but you have good principles.


Thanks for being there when I needed you, and I guess, thanks for being there when I didn't realise I needed you.
with love,
Carol xo

No comments:

Post a Comment