Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 13 in the 30 day blog challenge house....

Day 13 – Your favorite musician and why?


Haha.... no competition.


Boys Like Girls


from the Wikipedia page for BLG

I first heard of Boys Like Girls when I went to see Plain White T's in 2008 at the Shepherd's Bush Empire.. they supported and did 3 or 4 songs.  There were two American girls in front of me, and one girl I made friends with at the concert and I were saying how we'd never heard of them (or the other support band) and then these girls turned round and said they were big in America.  (As things turned out, Plain White T's have turned out to be a bit of a one-hit wonder with their song Hey There Delilah, and Cartel still haven't made many waves in the UK music scene)  Then I saw them again supporting Fall Out Boy at Wembley later that year, so I downloaded their album and have been a fan ever since :-)



They've had two albums to date but not that many singles.  I love them lots because their music always cheers me up when I feel down.. I can have a dance about my room and sing badly and loudly to make myself feel better (such that I am fairly convinced my neighbour knows all the words to their songs too).














Carol


Want to see more 30 day challenge posts?
Click here to see more!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment